VVVVVV is a retro styled 2D platformer by Terry Cavanagh, creator of dozens of free games. You play as the fearless leader of a team of dimension exploring scientists who inadvertently crash, and are separated. The game involves exploring the strange world you’ve found yourself in, and reuniting your friends.
VVVVVV explores one simple game mechanic: you cannot jump – instead, you reverse your own gravity at the press of a button. The game focuses on playing with this mechanic in a variety of interesting ways.
The game is designed not to artificially gate your progress. In VVVVVV there are no locks, no power-ups, no switches, nothing to stop you progressing except the challenges themselves.
• Elegant, minimalistic level design.
• Challenging, fast and fun gameplay.
• Frequent checkpoints mean you never have to replay challenges you’ve already beaten.
• Over half an hour of chiptune music by composer Magnus Pålsson.
• Special game modes, including time trials and a no death mode.
Suggested system requirements:
Core 2 Duo 3 GHz, 2 GB RAM, graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 9500 GT or better), 1.75 GB HDD, Windows 7(SP1).